ST Kilda road

ST Kilda road

2007/09/15

(2) Prague-London-Hong Kong-Melbourne

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.

Charles M. Schulz quotes (American cartoonist)
Let me present the
Australian view of the world...

why not on the other hand?
people just think we are here at the end of the world but let me tell You.
This is the fuckin nice end of the world and great place to live...


So let me review how i got here...
the flight took only 28 hours including delay in Hong Kong cause of "technical or mechanical issues" as we´ve been told. Just imagine you fly on this faboullous supercool Jumbo Jet over Siberia, China and Ocean afterwards and there just happening "some" technical problems in there. Anyways I have to say that it´s been quite great experience and I even didn´t matter the length and little space...
I took luxurious seat at the window offering me great views on russian vast land, some hills entering asia, exciting Hong Kong, few islands in Philipinese sea. The biggest freak was the inbuilt mini TV in seat offering bunch of movies, favourite CDs to listen, radion, news channel and of course Discovery channel documents about Australia. Wondering when Czech Airlines will keep the word that they want to be seen as one of top airlines and will provide similar service.

I was picked by fellow AIESECers from the airport and arrived to warm malaysian dorms flat. Next day I didn´t already hesitate and took the trams through the City from Parkville to St Kilda suburb to look for my emloyer´s place. It didn´t take much time to discover nice AIM building with the seat of PPF, my proud employer. It´s situated in really friendly and calm suburb with nice "City "view.

I´m really enjoying the time there, the team is great. There are at least 4 people that have been to Prague, amazing!

We already went for beer with boss. The environment is really friendly here. I guess you definitely heard about Fridays dress code but it´s not the last thing... yep the things are going really easy here...

Well some traditions have to been kept from Czech MC, right guys?

I´m currently getting tough training in databases and excel from my boss. During intro circle through the office my colleague just said: "Hi, this is Jacub, he´ll be taking over the job of our two mates, here soon. Welcome him in a team! "
Well good to know that one day I should be so effective to make two ladies´job... :) will see one day....
Next days are pretty set. Priority Nr. one is to find the apartnment for next 6 months in St Kilda. There´s quite big supply here, prices 200$/week which is still quite acceptable. My favourite is the one 50 m from beach situated in Beach Ave :) so will see where I end, there is still option to backpack in a tent on cricket ground in front of my emloyer´s building.

No comments:

Luna Park near my flat

Luna Park near my flat