ST Kilda road

ST Kilda road

2007/09/17

(3) World of cuisine in Melbourne City

Next chapter is my favourite one. Let me present You the Australian, or better say Melbournian cuisine. With no despect I can say that “the whole world fits” into Melbourne in terms of food and tastes. So far I was enjoying this stuff: Welcome by Malaysian noodles of my flatmates, trying well known fast foods which gave me just a while to orient myself before stepping into delicatesses. Well the most interesting about fast foods is the brand change of my favourite Burger King Hungry Jack’s but he whopper still tastes well,thanx God. In job I tried chinese noodles- the portion just seemed to be for secretaries on a diet. So we had to make something big!



I was invited to LC meeting of AIESEC in Melbourne. The atmosphere was pretty warm, it commemorated me those marvellous LC meetings in Prague. But well telling them that I’ve been 5 years in @ had to be scary… After meeting we took a journey to Chinese Hot Pot restaurant which was supposed to be my hottest experience but God of Cuisine turned well for me cause we weren’t able to fit in 20 people and luckily found Korean restaurant which turned to one of my best cuisine memories. It’s quite easy for chefs, they just bring you big steaks and t-bones and you cook by yourself! Better said you grill n fry by yourself! We had pretty much fun, the only con is that you smell like a worker in coal power station cause it’ s done on wooden coal and the smoke just spreads everywhere, mostly into your shirt and suite...
The Saturday turned to be first Spring day for me. Finally it was pretty shinny and the temp climbed over 15degs which made me so happy. After having one of my best coffees ever (macchiatoGrande caramel in Starbucks) I went to discover Chinatown (one street, not town actually). I chose Sushi bar and Singapoore noodles. I could practice my “sticks” skill learnt thanks to Lukas and the result you can see on pics. Not bad, what do you think? Another chapter was Japanese noodles from flatmate, Aussie burger (really disgusting- have you seen red beet(cervenou repu) in a burger so far?!), calzone, subway baguette and finally my home-made sandwiches with salmon spread-delicious! And this is just a small piece of cake I’ve tried so far! I should be really starting jogging soon otherwise the loss of 6 kgs from Turkey comes back in a second.
Greeting from the world of tastes!


A konecne pro anglicke nemluvy:
Tato kapitola je venovana kuchyni.Do Melbourne se doslova vejde cely svet chuti a vuni. Doposud jsem vyzkousel tyto kuchyne: malajske nudle od mych spolubydlicich na privitanou, na zacatku jsem automaticky sahul po fast foodech viz MCDonalds, Burger King, Subway, ale to jen na chvili nez jsem se zorientoval a skocil do specialit. V praci sem si dal jakysi cinsky nudle. Pak prisla bomba, kdyz sme zasli s ajsekari mistni pobocky do Korejske restiky. Tady mistni borci s varenim neresej, hodej ti na gril flakoty masa a uvar si sam. ALe je nutno dodat ze maso je vytecny a dobre nalozeny. Zazitek je opravdu nadlouho trvajici, jelikoz grilovani probiha na jakymsi typu uhliku ktere produkuji nezamenitelny smrad, nastesti skao zustalo usetreno diky schovce v aute.V sobotu poprve teplota vysplhala na jarni teplotu a bylo to skoro na triko.. Po me oblibene kave Starbucks Grande Caramel Macchiato sem vyrazil do podniku Sushi bar, kde sem vsak zvoli Singapurske nudle, kdyz uz sem ten Singapur ohledne praxe ozelel. Takze sem mohl opet oprasit svuj um jezeni hulkami. Ma to jednu velkou vyhodu, rozhodne clovek jidlo neuspecha. Proste v pohode po malejch kouscich to za cca 20 minut zbodne a je ti ok.Nejvetsi nechutnosti byl zatim paradoxne tzv. Australsky burger, ktery obsahoval vajicko a cervenou repu. po teto kombinaci mi bylo dosti blivno a jeste dalsi se ozvaly patricne nasledky... jeste ze na zachod je to z kanclu par metru... :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Starosta!
Good to hear you're on an internship. The stories you're posting are so interesting...one can take the first flight to Australia to try some of the food ;)))
By the way, do you know Lenny (Elena) from Bulgaria? She's also at General Electric but in Sydney.

Sending you my greetings from Bulgaria,
Tsveti:)

Ondra said...

Tys byl vzdycky gurman pres jidlo. Jsem rad zi uzivas. Tesim se na dalsi prispevek o australskych slecnach:)

At se dari!

Luna Park near my flat

Luna Park near my flat